Cashmere Get Together, Oct 28th

Home Forums Travel Trip Reports Cashmere Get Together, Oct 28th

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Cronin 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Today was great! We met up at the very well done 9/11 memorial in Cashmere. Exchanged memories of where we were and what we were doing when we learned of that horrific attack. Then we hit the hills! Up Derby Canyon from Peshastin, then towards Swakane Spring, Chumstick Mountain, and finally to French Corral before heading down to Cashmere. Along the way we helped a disoriented fellow who had separated from his group. Never know what, or who, we’ll run into up there in the hills!

The subsequent meal at Brad & Tana White’s place outside of Cashmere was amazing! Brad fired up his smoker and produced some mighty good chow, including an elk roast I donated to the cause. YUM! He did real well with it. The beans were excellent. Rich Cronin’s cornbread muffins were outstanding, people were eating them like cookies. Charlie the dog was running all over the place as we took turns tossing the ball for him. Kids were everywhere! Smiling kids. It was a good day. Makes me real happy to be a part of NWOL when we have a day like this.

I think this might be one of the last chances to enjoy our fall colors before the snow flies…

Just a hint of the colors…

A favorite NWOL dog, Charlie!

I know many more photos were taken. Perhaps some will show up here.

Regards, Guy

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

Yep, it was a lot of fun.  Great people, great fun.  Couldn’t have asked for a better day with the clear sunshine and the incredible colors.  I’ll have some pictures up later.

Dan, I may want to borrow Charlie the next time I go golfing, the way he can find golf balls would match up well with my ability to lose them.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Yep, it was a lot of fun. Great people, great fun. Couldn’t have asked for a better day with the clear sunshine and the incredible colors. I’ll have some pictures up later. Dan, I may want to borrow Charlie the next time I go golfing, the way he can find golf balls would match up well with my ability to lose them.

I am sure he and I would not have any objections to that. 🙂

Dan

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

Guy and Josh leading the way

Lots of color, great time of year

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

One of the locals warily watching us pass by

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

And of course, Charlie chasing a golf ball (or anything else anybody would throw for him)

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Great photos John! Thank you!

I didn’t think you got one of the doe. Too cool.

Guy

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

A little cropping, and a lot of pixel whipping 🙂

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Very cool, John and Guy. Thank you both for your contributions. Salute!

Dan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.