Christmas & Solstice Run, Chelan County

Home Forums General Activity Planning Christmas & Solstice Run, Chelan County

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cameron jones 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Dec 17, 9:00 in the morning to maybe 4:00 in the afternoon.

This event has been a lot of fun in past years. Please join us. Registration is open for 15 vehicles. It’s intended as a family friendly, stock vehicle friendly, fun event for one day.

Please ensure that your vehicle has good front and rear recovery points, as well as good tires.

I’d also recommend a shovel, tire chains and a set of Max Trax or similar traction device.

Some years, there has been a lot of snow. Other years not much. Prepare for cold, winter weather & driving conditions please.

See you there! Ho Ho Ho!

Guy

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Oh, this has been an event in which saws were very important… VERY IMPORTANT.

I’ll bring my trusty bow saw, and Josh has a good hand saw… But… If someone is good with a chainsaw and would bring it along, that could come in real handy for clearing fallen trees from the road.

Guy

Tom Eberth
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hi NCW NWOL members.  I registered for Christmas & Solstice Run since I will be visiting our kids in Wenatchee over the Christmas Holidays.  We are flying in from Kansas.  Hopefully, next year this time we will be back living in WEN, semi-retired or retired and exploring the back roads, forest service & BLM overland.  If at all possible if a member has room in a vehicle for an additional passenger I would love to ride along on this run.  I follow the NWOL website and would like to get acquainted with NCW members.   I can be reached through the members link or my cell:  785.214.2211

Michael Massong
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hi NCW NWOL members. I registered for Christmas & Solstice Run since I will be visiting our kids in Wenatchee over the Christmas Holidays. We are flying in from Kansas. Hopefully, next year this time we will be back living in WEN, semi-retired or retired and exploring the back roads, forest service & BLM overland. If at all possible if a member has room in a vehicle for an additional passenger I would love to ride along on this run. I follow the NWOL website and would like to get acquainted with NCW members. I can be reached through the members link or my cell: 785.214.2211

Tom,

Hey! Not sure why I didn’t get your text message. Probably because I switched from Iphone back to Android! Never had problems with that Iphone… I sent you an email back.

Anyhow, we won’t be able to swing this one with our schedules at that time. Hope you’re able to ride along with someone, as this sounds like a fun run!

If anyone has room, Tom and Jenny are great folks! We met in July at the FJ Summit in Ouray, Co. Had a blast running Imogene Pass and Last Dollar Road together.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Tom, do you need one seat, or two?

Tom Eberth
    Participant
    Basic Member

Just one seat for myself.  The grandkids will have the wife consumed (and vice versa).

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Just one seat for myself. The grandkids will have the wife consumed (and vice versa).

Ha, that’s great! That’s what grandkids are for.

Worst comes to worst, I can put the backseat in my Jeep, but… the backseat of a 2-door Wrangler isn’t the greatest place to ride! 🙂

I’m sure someone will have a seat available. We’ve got some folks who rarely have a passenger in their rig, and there’s always the roof rack….

Guy

Aaron Kravik
    Participant
    Premium Member

Or tie you across the hood like a deer for that authentic backwoods experience 😉

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

See Tom, I knew you’d be warmly welcomed! 🙂

Guy

Tom Eberth
    Participant
    Basic Member

I can feel the Lov.  Can not wait to meet people in person.  I follow the website once or twice a week, trying to keep up to date of the happenings.  Enjoy the comments and discussions.   Impressed with the current topic,  What do you want on NWOL trips.

A good group of guys and gals.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Just one seat for myself. The grandkids will have the wife consumed (and vice versa).

Tom – could you go back into the event and cancel your registration? That is really only required for vehicles – we try to limit the number of vehicles on our different trips. You’re just looking for a seat – but your name in the registration is keeping someone else from registering for this event.

Yes, we’ll still work on getting you a seat! 🙂

Thanks, Guy

Ray Tennal
    Participant
    Premium Member

Guy, Let me know if a seat opens up.  I would like to join you guys.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I am NOT dragging my trailer on this one, but I am bringing tire chains…

And Max Trax. And a recovery strap. Just in case!

Looks like we’re getting more sign-ups for this. Cool. 🙂

Guy

Jason VanderSluis
    Participant
    Basic Member

Any idea what’s going on with the registration for this event?  I think I was the second or third person to sign up, but my name doesn’t show up anymore.

Maybe I shouldn’t have laughed when Guy got stuck last week.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Any idea what’s going on with the registration for this event? I think I was the second or third person to sign up, but my name doesn’t show up anymore. Maybe I shouldn’t have laughed when Guy got stuck last week.

I dunno. Something seems odd to me as well, but go ahead and register again if you will please.

Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.