Darrington x-mass tree run 12/9

Home Forums General Activity Planning Darrington x-mass tree run 12/9

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CMR Davie 4 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brad O’Connell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hey guys and gals,

I am heading up next weekend to grab a tree with some friends and wanted to throw out an invite to everyone on here. We plan on heading up NF-18 just before Darrington. We have been up there a few times and have a good spot to hang out, make a fire and play in the snow. I will fill this in with more details like a meet up time and place as we nail those down. Cheers!

CMR Davie
    Participant
    Basic Member

What are conditions like on that road right now? How far up do you expect to go?

Our truck needs some work right now, so it’s okay for driving around on streets and can handle tame stuff, but I don’t think it’s up for anything arduous.

Brad O’Connell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Last week there was snow up above 4500 but we won’t be going that high. I would plan for it though. Also no serious trails, just FS roads.

Brad O’Connell
    Participant
    Basic Member

The plan for tomorrow is to meet up at the Smokey Point Safeway between 10:00 and 10:30 am. From there we can fill up and grab supplies if needed and then head out hwy 530 toward Darrington. Coms are CB radio channel 22. If people need tree permits we can stop by the ranger station and then head up NF-18 and make our way to the lunch spot about 15 miles in. I will bring fire wood for a fire to help keep us warm. We welcome anyone who wants to tag along and look forward to a good time!

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Thank for putting this together, Brad. Have a great run and bring back some pictures!

Dan

Brad O’Connell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Will do, thanks Dan!

CMR Davie
    Participant
    Basic Member

We won’t be able to join after all, but have a great time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.