Douglas Creek, Nov 2017

Home Forums Travel Trip Reports Douglas Creek, Nov 2017

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Guy Miner 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

A few of us camped overnight in Swakane Canyon, north of Wenatchee on Friday night. The full moon was incredible!

Saturday morning the whole crew gathered in Rock Island and we proceeded to tour a bit of the Waterville Plateau, a pretty impressive place, geologically. Eventually we ended up in Slack Canyon, following Douglas Creek up to our campsite. We went to our tents Saturday evening under clear, star lit skies… And woke to a few inches of fresh snow!

Yes, I was the only one to get stuck. Sigh… Lots of willing help, airing down to 11 psi, using some Max Trax and shovels… And we got the little white Jeep & trailer going again. It was a great trip! We had kids, old people, really old people like me, and a terrific place to visit. The rigs were all in great shape too, which was nice. Thank you all for coming along, and I’m looking forward to seeing YOUR PHOTOS!   🙂

Alston (or Alls Town) Douglas County, Washington:

Ole’s stock Toyota climbing up out of Douglas Creek on Saturday:

Toyotas can lift a tire…

Or tow a really cool home-built trailer:

Jeeps can lift a tire too:

Slack Canyon/Douglas Creek on Sunday morning:

Sunday morning camp:

Great trip! Am looking forward to seeing photos from the other adventurers.

Guy

Jason VanderSluis
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks for the fun trip Guy!  Good to meet you all.  Hope the west siders found a way to get home.  Heard I-90 is a mess.

Only took 2 pics, one each day.

Mark Mischke
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks Guy for putting together a fun day out exploring! I wish I could’ve stayed out and played in the snow!

Ed Amdahl
    Participant
    Premium Member

Guy – thanks again for another great outing.  *Really* appreciate your willingness to pretend to get stuck so we could get some recovery practice in.

I’ve got several pictures, although for some reason I woke up today completely forgetting I had a camera, so nothing from the morning or drive out.  Too bad, there were some great moments  I wish I’d captured.  As soon as I can get them loaded somewhere others can access I’ll get a link posted here.

Ed Amdahl
    Participant
    Premium Member

Give this a try…hopefully it’ll work.  Let me know if not.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FtHw9zDQ1qliBbdX2

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Wow! Excellent photos. Thanks Ed.

Guy

Ole Hellevik
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks again for a great outing, and for showing us your “back yard!”

Here are my pictures, and a short movie clip at the end.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!AmB6Kn0gMrxBhe0Boa1hxZLCgbrB-w

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Cool! I had no idea you’d taken photos & video of my little Jeep trying to get up the hill!

Thank you!

Guy

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Ole’s video of my jeep after work had been done with shovels, and I’d dropped the tire pressure to 11 PSI.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AKGtYcWSwoG6wfs&v=photos&cid=41BC32207D2A7A60&id=41BC32207D2A7A60%2195872&parId=41BC32207D2A7A60%2195873&o=OneUp

Keith Murray
    Participant
    Basic Member

Looks like you guys had a really great time! Thanks to those who posted pics — I can live vicariously through them!

I think it turned out for the best that I sat this one out, but, as I stated before, I am looking forward to being healed up and geared up for more adventures in the future.

Ray Tennal
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks to all of you for a great time with great people.  I look forward to the next adventure.

Sean Harris
    Participant
    Basic Member

Absolutely beautiful area! Thanks so much to Guy for organizing and planning. I will definitely be heading back to this area.

Here’s my Google Drive folder with photos.

Paul Robertson
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks for the great trip, here are the pics I took as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w9KVqLw2UH71FoKY2

Wes Loveng
    Participant
    Basic Member

First try using photo sharing by google hope it works. 142 photos….

Thanks for making it  great trip.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPg2irexsIA5KQsHGAyD-wDKDWDNpJdPN6LTw9Bif_HPu85F7pRjerXDyZzp7_Rmg?key=R1ZHUEh4cjhHYk5lMHl1Sjgyd0NHcGlGOW9SR1hB

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Wow! More great photos. Bunch of shutterbugs on this trip!

Thanks, Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.