February Ladies Run + Slumber Party + Nav Class

Home Forums General Activity Planning February Ladies Run + Slumber Party + Nav Class

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Judy Russell 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Amy Hopkins
    Participant
    Premium Member

Here’s the official planning thread for the Ladies trip the first weekend of February. I’ll lay out the entire plan here but please understand that you are welcome to come to any part if you can’t make it for the whole weekend….we’d be happy to have anyone (of the lady variety, sorry guys) join for any of the activities.

Loose schedule:

Saturday, Feb 3
    9am – Meet at Dan’s Food Market in Leavenworth (intersection of Hwy 2 and Chumstick Hwy)

Judy’s place is about 10 minutes from there. We’ll head up and talk about our day trip plans. Depending on the weather conditions, we’ll just tool around the roads close to the area. The goal is to get a little driving experience, maybe some snow, but nothing aggressive. If you are nervous about driving, that is OK. We WILL help you do some easier things and/or you can just ride along with someone else. Don’t forget…everyone (including your boyfriend or husband) was a beginner at some point. 🙂

Saturday Night
    Sleepover at Judy’s place. She has room for people to sleep inside (bring a sleeping bag just in case) or if you wish to camp on her property that’s cool too. We’ll do a potluck dinner so bring food and drinkies to share. If you are unable to attend the driving part but want to come for this, totally cool.

Sunday, Feb 4
    10am – Basic Navigation Class

I have some experience (operative word: SOME) in off-road navigation so I’ll share the things I’ve learned. We’ll talk about maps, compasses, and various other things that we can practice in the area. Bring a compass if you have one, I’ll bring the maps. If you want to come ONLY for this class, totally cool.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Judy Russell
    Participant
    Basic Member

I am excited to get the ladies together. Hopefully the first of many. Thank you so much Amy for agreeing to lead.

Leona Walters
    Participant
    Basic Member

Super fun and excited for the mapping part.  I’m not shy about driving anything so if any ladies want to ride with me…. I have room for two.  I’m from port orchard wa if anyone wants to either ride with me or maybe we can meet and follow each other over.

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member
      Make sure to pack your snow shovels, snow blower is broke…

Aaron Kravik

Make sure to pack your snow shovels, snow blower is broke…

Maybe they should do a winching/recovery class on Saturday to get everyone in the driveway 😀

Judy Russell
    Participant
    Basic Member

That sounds like a great idea, Aaron 😃.  Where is the smartass button?

Leona Walters
    Participant
    Basic Member

Nah!!   Piece of cake!!   I wouldn’t even be pushing snow yet 😁

Aaron Kravik

I hear the smart ass button is coming 😉

Judy Russell
    Participant
    Basic Member

I will plan on making breakfast for everyone Sunday morning. Besides food for dinner potluck, you may want to pack a lunch for the ride depending on how long we are out. Also, BYOB (as I don’t know what everyone would like to drink). If you have any questions just let Amy or I know.

looking forward to seeing everyone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.