First Aid Kit Check

Home Forums Vehicles Tech First Aid Kit Check

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Kravik 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

LGRT
    Participant
    Basic Member

Reading through last years “Recovery Equipment Checks” thread here reminded me to also perform my annual first aid kits check.  Because I occasionally use my personal kit around the house, little things like band aids, ointments and pain relievers get used up.  I also find in both (personal and group) kits a number of over the counter drugs (pain relievers, decongestants, …)  that have hit (or getting close) their expiration date and need refreshing.  Because I’m a cheap SOB… I will often move the drugs (pain relievers, decongestants, …) expiring in the next 6 months or so into the house’s medicine cabinet and replace them in the kits with new.  That way they get used up before they expire.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Excellent contribution, Paul!

Thanks for this. I am severely in arrears with getting my first aid kit inventoried and up to date.

Dan

Aaron Kravik

Good call. I don’t think I’ve ever looked at dates in my IFAK. Can’t remember when I bought it either

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.