Forest conditions Wenatchee Area

Home Forums General General Forest conditions Wenatchee Area

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Deason 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Harry Maylor
    Participant
    Basic Member

How are things in Wenatchee regarding forest fires?  I know about Diamond creek.  A group of us are coming down from Alberta via BC to run WABDR from Cashmere north next week.  BC is having a terrible year with the forest fires and we are concerned about your forest conditions.

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thankfully quiet, but that can change in a moments notice.  Projected to be pretty hot this week, 104 in Wenatchee tomorrow.  Fire danger is listed as Very High so there are Campfire restrictions in place.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen/alerts-notices/?cid=fsbdev3_053600

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

and don’t expecting to get any respite from the smoke, it’s all pushing south into the Central Cascades and Puget Sound areas (reminds of growing up in Southern Calif. where you could tell there was air, you could see it, and taste it 🙁 )

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

How are things in Wenatchee regarding forest fires? I know about Diamond creek. A group of us are coming down from Alberta via BC to run WABDR from Cashmere north next week. BC is having a terrible year with the forest fires and we are concerned about your forest conditions.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/state/49/

Harry Maylor
    Participant
    Basic Member

The smoke is what it is but the fire is our concern.  We chose to go into the US as it’s not on fire like BC.  We may have to abandon the plan if this keeps up as two of the highways we would travel are now closed.

Mike Deason
    Participant
    Basic Member

Smoke is bad in Leavenworth. I cannot see across the valley.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.