hello

Home Forums General Introduce Yourself hello

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Casron 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jason Casron
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hello,

I have been interested in Overland for a long time have decided to join this group to learn more and get ideas.

I have been offloading and camping since I was a kid with my parents. I am currently camping at least once each month and more if I can. I do a lot of backpacking, mostly in the Olympics.

I will be using a 2000 Jeep TJ. I know it is small but I like to travel light and get into tight places. My goal is to get it set up for overloading this summer with my family. I plan to head out to explore and camping this weekend in the Olympics as a first outing.

I hope to do a little exploring with this group soon.

Aaron Kravik

Welcome!

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Welcome! We have some real good folks involved in NWOL, and I try to make sure that my trips are family friendly.

Ya, if you can travel light, like a backpacker, a smallish, two-door Jeep works. I finally gave in and bought a good trailer to tow behind mine when I want to carry more gear. Like when Mama camps with me. She likes the big tent, the cots, etc… So, the trailer helps. Or for carrying a lot of extra water or fuel on extended trips.

I suspect we’ll start seeing proposed trips listed soon in the Events section of this forum.

Guy

Jason Casron
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks Guy,

I am looking for a rack for the top soon, but do plan to travel light.

I look forward to getting out with everyone from the group.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.