Hello from Anacortes WA

Home Forums General Introduce Yourself Hello from Anacortes WA

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Cronin 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jim lee
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hello everyone. Jim Lee from Anacortes, WA.

Been wanting to try some 4×4 camping & exploring. Far too lazy for anything too challenging.

We have a WC53 I’d like to try camping in, think WWII SUV.

"Franklin" Our WWII Sport utility Vehicle

-jim lee

Aaron Kravik

Welcome aboard !

Benny Benson
    Area Coordinator

Welcome to the site. Awesome rig man.

jim lee
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks!

Getting the rig actually running has been.. An education. Its over 75 years old and I think it’s sat since the 1970s. All the insulation was falling off the wires, fuel tank was full of rust etc.. Still not sure what condition a bunch of it is in, but what the heck. We took our first overland trip in it just this last weekend. Anacortes to Yakima for a burger.

For anyone interested, the project : Carryall Blog

-jim lee

Bryan Hoult
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Jim,

Where did you find that truck?  I used to have a place in Anacortes and I think I’ve seen it before.

-.b

jim lee
    Participant
    Basic Member

I think I broke the Forum. I edited my post now its gone, but the forum says its still here?

Sigh..

-jim lee

Bryan Hoult
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I saw your response.  I owned a business in La Connor in the 80’s and 90’s and spent a lot of time all around Skagit bay – so I may have seen it then.  In any event, it’s nice you’ve got it on the road !

-.b

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Welcome – bring the beast out to one of our events/runs sometime!

Life is too short to drive boring cars…

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Welcome!

At the least you’ve got to bring it to the Northwest Overland Rally this summer!

http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/

I’d love to see that old rig, and so would Ray, the rally organizer. He took his family on an incredible journey in a 60 year old Land Rover, just a couple of years ago.

I’m over on the dry side of the Cascades, Chelan County. Come on over if you’d like. I try to organize some kind of a NWOL event 8 or 9 times a year. Come on over!

Guy

jim lee
    Participant
    Basic Member

I just drove it over through your area Jan 26-28 Had a burger at Miners drive-in, in Yakima. (Over highway 2 then through Wenatchee and down.)

Didn’t know about this group yet. I found this site when I started planning our next trip. For now the machine is in the garage having its innards pulled out and rearranged, again.

As soon as its back on the road we’ll be hunting for somewhere to go again.

-jim lee

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Welcome to NWOL Jim and family 🙂  I have a real soft spot in my heart for old Power Wagons, hopefully someday I’ll own one.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Welcome, Jim.

Apologies about this forum’s quirkiness. The new site will be up and running soon. It will have better functionality.

Dan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.