Hoh River Purlieu 2017

Home Forums General Activity Planning Hoh River Purlieu 2017

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  John Hillcar 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Tod Cole
    Area Coordinator

The end of summer and the beginning of fall in the Hoh River/Clearwater area of the Olympics?

This will be more of a relaxed weekend with the option for enjoying some really nice forest service roads; hike into a remote lake; visit the ocean or the rain forest; or take in the activities in the metropolis of Forks, WA. Bring that inflatable kayak and float the Hoh?

We are looking at a group campsite for Friday and Saturday. Join us in Gig Harbor for the drive over Friday morning or arrive at your leisure later in the day. Exact location will be provided to those signed up.

Limited to 7 rigs so check your schedule…..

Aaron Kravik
    Participant
    Premium Member

Bummer that’s the weekend we leave for Utah.

Richard Watford
    Participant
    Basic Member

Any reason why the limitation is only 7 just wondering

Tod Cole
    Area Coordinator

The group is initially 7 primarily because of the limited group camp sites available. The Hoh River is scheduled to be open for Steel Head fishing which means there will likely be a fair number of fishermen around the area using what would be the ideal spots otherwise. If/when the 7 spots fill up we can then look at options to expand the group.

Brad Bacon
    Participant
    Basic Member

The end of summer and the beginning of fall in the Hoh River/Clearwater area of the Olympics? This will be more of a relaxed weekend with the option for enjoying some really nice forest service roads; hike into a remote lake; visit the ocean or the rain forest; or take in the activities in the metropolis of Forks, WA. Bring that inflatable kayak and float the Hoh? We are looking at a group campsite for Friday and Saturday. Join us in Gig Harbor for the drive over Friday morning or arrive at your leisure later in the day. Exact location will be provided to those signed up. Limited to 7 rigs so check your schedule…..

Friday the 22nd (to confirm) and sign up on this thread?

Tod Cole
    Area Coordinator

Yes we will be heading over on Friday September 22nd.

To sign up go to the Events tab and then select “Hoh River Purlieu 2017”

Hoh River Purlieu 2017

Richard Watford
    Participant
    Basic Member

Really want to do this but I have Thur Fridays off. If the spots don’t fill I’d like to tag along for Friday and leave Saturday evening. I fish out there quit often as for campgrounds I’d recommend hoh oxbow you probably already know about it but it’s first come first serve and most spots can easily fit 3-4 rigs

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

I’m interested if we can come.e Friday night.

Bryan Ashmore
    Participant
    Basic Member

We will be there, but can’t be there til Friday night as well.

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hey @jakobi are you interested?

Jacob Canini
    Participant
    Basic Member

Sounds awesome T.J. but I cant take any days off work for awhile since I’m transferring to a new school this year.

Bryan Ashmore
    Participant
    Basic Member

Well, unfortunately life has gotten busy and we will not be able to make this trip after all.

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

We’re getting excited as this gets closer! I’ve been looking at some of the MVUMs – https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/olympic/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5353847 and we will bring GPS and the WA Gazetteer.

We have CB and a HAM to listen to (still need to take the test).

Tod Cole
    Area Coordinator

Looks like we will have our own campsite on private land for the weekend that will accommodate up to ten rigs. If your not already signed up pm me and I will update with location, etc.

This will be a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy the weekend and explore a great area of Washington!

View the Events page for more information. As soon as we can edit the number of spaces you may also sign up there. Either way PM me a number you can receive text updates on.

Tod

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

PM sent!

I also decided it was time to just go give the HAM test a try. After some cramming, I passed the Technician’s exam on Tuesday night (09/12/2017). I hope to have my call sign by this trip. I have lots to learn about radio etiquette and on-air norms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.