How is there no Toyota group?

Home Forums Groups How is there no Toyota group?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Morris Yarnell 6 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

David Ball
    Participant
    Basic Member

Like the title says…

Aaron Kravik

We’re too cool for a group. Nice Tundra btw.

Morris Yarnell
    Participant
    Basic Member

NO group…start one. Years ago this started as an LR group and has now grown to include many types of vehicles. When I first got involved I had a Pinzgauer and was a group of one.

Aaron Kravik

I think he’s referring to the fact that there are sub forums here for Rovers, astro vans, and jeeps, but no Toyotas

Morris Yarnell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks.

Yes, I understand. I meant that with all the activity that the moderators are responsible for that a little help might be welcome and starting a sub-group for a particular vehicle might be a positive thing.
    When I was president of a Rotary club I was often asked if I minded that someone started a group/fund to foster their particular interest of helping some often un-noticed section of the population either in this or a foreign country. All help was welcomed and sure to benefit a particular section of the population.

Happy trails

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Morris Yarnell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Dan to the rescue.

David Ball
    Participant
    Basic Member

My intent wasn’t to get people worked up, but just thought the current groupings to be interesting.  I get Jeeps and Rovers are popular with the overland crowd, but Astrovans? How many people here overland in their Astro?  Toyotas have to be every bit as popular as Jeeps and Rovers, but no group?  I found it a bit puzzling.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Don’t worry, David. No one here is worked up. There are a few folks here with 4WD Astrovans, Synchros and Sportsmobiles. Delicas and every permutation of a van, so that is not that uncommon.

Dan

Ole Hellevik
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thing is…  if you have a Jeep or a Land Rover you need a place to discuss how to repair your vehicle on the trail.  Which spare parts to bring, how to fix electrical gremlins…

What could we Toyota owners possibly have to talk about?  😛

Aaron Kravik

Zing!

Morris Yarnell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Having had several Toyotas, I agree with that. Hardly anything goes wrong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.