Idaho Desert Exploration – Indian Hot Springs to Old Scott Ranch

Home Forums Treasure Valley Chapter – Greater Boise, South Idaho Idaho Desert Exploration – Indian Hot Springs to Old Scott Ranch

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jake Burley 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

The October trip is on the calendar and and ready for sign up!

Idaho Desert Exploration – Indian Hot Springs to Old Scott Ranch

Bryan Evans
    Participant
    Premium Member

I have been to this from the south side (Three Creek) and must say it is quite the experience.  Not sure if the bridge is still up as I have not been back since 1998 but it was creepy just to walk across.  If you have the chance to walk up stream the next morning you should see a large squatters house and also the only place in the would that you can find Bruneau Jasper.  Highly recommended.  Unfortunately, or not, I have been involved in a poker tournament for the last 9 months and the championship is the 21st and I made the final table.  I wish all of you a safe and exciting journey.  I will see you at the meeting on the 11th.

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

I have been to this from the south side (Three Creek) and must say it is quite the experience. Not sure if the bridge is still up as I have not been back since 1998 but it was creepy just to walk across. If you have the chance to walk up stream the next morning you should see a large squatters house and also the only place in the would that you can find Bruneau Jasper. Highly recommended. Unfortunately, or not, I have been involved in a poker tournament for the last 9 months and the championship is the 21st and I made the final table. I wish all of you a safe and exciting journey. I will see you at the meeting on the 11th.

From the research I did, and from what others have said the bridge is there but is very poor condition. In one of my USGS maps of that area there are two designated areas to ford the river on each side of the bridge. I thought that it was pretty awesome that there are still places in Idaho where fording a river is just part of the trail. Coming from the west side we wont have to worry about, though it may be fun to try.

It’s to bad you cant make it, but we will see you at the meeting.

Mike Key
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hmmm… this looks interesting. I’ll have to check my calendar.

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hmmm… this looks interesting. I’ll have to check my calendar.

We would love you and the family come out for the trip. We are having a meeting on the 11th at Edge Brewing in Boise. We will go over the trip detail there if you can make. Welcome to the area and hope to see you there.

Jake

Mike Key
    Participant
    Basic Member

Sounds good, think I’ll try to swing out and see if I can find ya. That’s around the corner from here.

Bryan Evans
    Participant
    Premium Member

Though I didn’t do the entire trip I did manage to take a couple pictures I liked.

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

Jake Burley
    Participant
    Premium Member

Bryan reminded me last night at our club meeting that I hadn’t posted any picture from our last trip

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.