Mr. Heater protable Buddy heater

Home Forums Skills & Gear Adventure Gear Mr. Heater protable Buddy heater

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tod Cole 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

David Ball
    Participant
    Basic Member

It’s getting cold out and I’ve been contemplating getting one.  Anyone use one?  There’s pretty good info on the web and a number of video reviews on YouTube, but I’m looking for personal experience from people here.  I’d be using it while sleeping in the bed of my pickup. Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Brandon Schmitz
    Participant
    Basic Member

I use one, it’s absolutely awesome! We fire it up a few minutes before heading into the tent and it’s toasty warm.

David Ball
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks.  I’ve also got a Caframo Ecofan that I’ll be finding a way to fix to the front grille to move some air/heat around.

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

We love our Buddy heater. We even have a 12′ hose to attach it to a 20lb propane bottle. If you use it all night in a tent, you’ll need a towel to mop up all the condensation from the inside of the tent.

Craig Wainscott
    Participant
    Premium Member

We use ours in our 4 person tent and it works great. The 1lb canisters don’t last that long, 4 ish hours. My only complaint is that the ignition rarely works on the first try – and by that I mean it usually takes many attempts to get it fired up. Also, the low setting doesn’t work well if there is any breeze. But we love it.

Tod Cole
    Area Coordinator

Used mine Friday night and for the most part kept me warm. Of course the canister ran out about 2:00 am.

I did wake up to a fair amount of condensation.

A second canister was kept warm in the bottom of the sleeping bag to be ready to fire up before I actually climbed out of the sack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.