Multi-Day Trips

Home Forums Groups PDX & SWW (Portland & SW Wash) Multi-Day Trips

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Larrie Easterly 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

This topic area is for the discussion and planning of multi-day trips.  Feel free to discuss/plan as far out as you can reasonably commit to. Once a trip has 3 or more committed rigs, we can start a new topic area specific to the trip and title it appropriately.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Thanks, Michael!

We will be opening up a second Oregon High Desert Expedition trip soon. Please watch the Activity Planning Forum for this.

DC

Kirk Bristol
    Participant
    Basic Member

What about a multi-day trip this summer to do part of the Oregon Back Country Route:

http://www.oohva.org/

I was thinking about picking up Route 3 headed south out of the Bend area, then pick up Route 6 to the coast.  It wouldn’t be too hard to do over a long weekend.  I think I’ve got the GPS tracks stashed away somewhere on my computer.

Kirk

matthew mangus
    Participant
    Basic Member

I’m planning on a few multi-day trips this year.

May – Overland Expo:  10-14 day trip down to Flagstaff, AZ for Overland Expo. Camping and exploring various spots enroute.

June – Overland Rally / WABDR:  Running a couple segments of the WABDR enroute to the Leavenworth, WA area for the NW Overland Rally. This will likely be with a few rigs of the Oregon Trail Offroad (OTO) group.

July or August – Segment 3 of the ORBDR. This will hopefully be timed just ahead of the July or August Mountain Bike Oregon event in Oakridge.

September – Christmas Valley or Owonyhee Gorge. I just got back from a trip down to the Christmas Valley area and loved it. Can’t wait to go back.

October – maybe back to the Alvord if Carl and Brian put together another group trip.

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

@mcewan13 Wow!
    Nice plans. Multi-day trips are out for me this year. New baby girl in 9 weeks!
    Post up some details as you firm up plans.

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Let’s hunt for ghost!  2.5 day trip. April 22/23/24.  Details and registration here:   http://northwestoverland.com/events/ghost-town-exploration-rally-oregon/

Thom Lester
    Participant
    Basic Member

This topic area is for the discussion and planning of multi-day trips…

Greetings,

This is a clarifying Q/Post : )

So my wife and I do a lot of Sunday night through Friday afternoon campouts at various USF camps within ~2 to 3 hours of PDX, typically one a month from spring through fall. Anywhooooo…. these trips are usually just relaxing in camp and often times gold prospecting (hands and pans so anyone can do it, and no noisy equipment to spoil the mood).

My question is…would it be appropriate in this area to post the trip schedule? Most campgrounds can have multiple vehicles/setups and are rustic (pit toilets, sometimes potable water available. swimming/river fun always : ) There have been many times that we have been able to visit with fellow overlanders in spontaneous meets at some of these sites (our rig is easily recognized and known). It is just my wife and I as our kids are grown and the places we travel are all family friendly.

Just pondering the possibilities.

: ) Thom

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Hello Thom,

YES! Feel free to post schedule and details.

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

The NWOL Ghost Town Run was another success. 7 rigs, 3 trailers and fun for all. Camping creek side one night and lake side the next. Elevation up to 5800′ and great weather. 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1045326358883828&id=357937824289355

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Well done, Michael!

Looks like it was a fantastic trip!

Dan

Mike Orhan
    Participant
    Basic Member

That looks like a fun trip! Nice shots of the buildings and mine – How far down did you go?

Mike

Mark Lipscomb
    Participant
    Basic Member

The Ghost Town Trip looks great!

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Last minute 2 day trip:

I will be going on a 1 nighter next week.  Leave July 15th Friday around 2pm from Portland to central Oregon (east of Prineville) for some long range shooting, exploring and off grid camping. All responsible folks are invited. COme back Saturday evening.

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

5 Day trip over Labor Day weekend to Steens Mountain and Alvord Desert!

Steens Mountain & Alvord Desert Exploration

Michael Fung
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Steens Mountain/Alvord Updates:

Meet Friday @ 1:30pm at Fred Meyer, 16625 SE 362nd Dr, Sandy, OR 97055

CB Channel 8.

FRS Channel 8.

HAM Channel: 146.460

Friday, Sept 2nd: Head towards Christmas Valley, Camp off grid or at a camp site. Drive around sand dunes or next morning depending on when we get there.

Saturday, Sept 3rd: Sand Dunes. Steens Mountain Loop drive. Camp @ FISH LAKE. Meet up with 4-5 more rigs led by Joel (Blue 4Runner).

No change to the rest of the trip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.