NW Overland Rally 2018

Home Forums General Activity Planning NW Overland Rally 2018

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Kravik 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ray hyland
    Participant
    Basic Member

I know there’s a thread in the General section but let’s make this the official 2018 NWOR thread.

Dates – June 28-July 1 (the weekend before 4th of July)

Location – Plain WA (the same field if you have been before, but we are renting even more of it).

What – more classes, activities, vendors, etc.

As always, let’s use this thread to talk about what you’d like to do and see, ask questions, complain, encourage, etc.

From the emails I’ve been getting it looks like we have a lot of new faces coming this year, so don’t be afraid to ask questions, there are no dumb questions.

Cheers

Ray

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I was injured & sick last year by the time of the rally Ray, so I didn’t attend last year.

I sure hope to be able to take a group or two out for a good adventure one or two days!  🙂

Guy

ray hyland
    Participant
    Basic Member

Guy we should connect on your class idea from last year and see if it might happen this year. Send me an email if you think it might happen.

Jason Casron
    Participant
    Basic Member

I am new to this event and the forum, but I am willing to help with something if needed. I am a First Aid/CPR/AED instructor if that could be a class or something like that.

Also do members of the forum try to camp together or just where ever?

I was watching a video from last year and it looked like the check in and arrival was a little hectic, what is the best time to show up? I have the entire day off and may be near there camping the night before.

Thanks, Jason

Scott Hendrix
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hey Jason,

On check in, you can just ask for “where are the North West Overland weirdos” and everyone tends to know.  It’s a huge area and has many slots for vehicle based camping.  Last year there was a “quiet section” and a “not so quiet section”.  NWOL had people in both so you could pick your preference.  If that doesn’t work at the gate, they’ll let you move around wherever there’s room…At least that was my experience previously.  Your camping ticket tends to get you a 10×20 foot camping space.  You can buy additional space if you want/need.

Best time for check-in?  I’d say anytime on Thursday the 28th.  Nothing really gets going till the next day and if you arrive early enough on Thursday, you’ll be able to pick your spot.  Again, this is just my experience from the couple of rallies I’ve attended.  Others may have other advice.

Thanks,

Scott

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Guy we should connect on your class idea from last year and see if it might happen this year. Send me an email if you think it might happen.

Ya – that sounds good.

Guy

Doug Graham
    Participant
    Basic Member

My son and I attended last year (two trucks).  And I was there solo a few years ago.  Great event – thankyou.

Some highlights – and therefore things I’d come back for include:

1. Working through the vendor section, talking to vendors, learning about their products and whether and how they might be useful.
    2. Classes…medical, recovery, ham were ones we especially liked.  I’d love to go through some or all of those again.
    3. Trips…these filled up quickly so we missed out, but we checked the box on the two areas above so that was ok.

ray hyland
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hey Jason, On check in, you can just ask for “where are the North West Overland weirdos” and everyone tends to know. It’s a huge area and has many slots for vehicle based camping. Last year there was a “quiet section” and a “not so quiet section”. NWOL had people in both so you could pick your preference. If that doesn’t work at the gate, they’ll let you move around wherever there’s room…At least that was my experience previously. Your camping ticket tends to get you a 10×20 foot camping space. You can buy additional space if you want/need. Best time for check-in? I’d say anytime on Thursday the 28th. Nothing really gets going till the next day and if you arrive early enough on Thursday, you’ll be able to pick your spot. Again, this is just my experience from the couple of rallies I’ve attended. Others may have other advice. Thanks, Scott

Yep that’s all pretty accurate, except that your camping ticket gets you a 20 x 20 space, not 10 x 20.

Cheers

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I think I’m bringing my trailer this year. Coming in heavier than normal. Should be living in luxury with 20×20 and my trailer! 🙂

Dang, I might bring the BIG TENT and the COTS this time! 🙂 Maybe even my wife. She’d rather be in a lodge though… 😉

Guy

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

Not the BIG TENT!!!  Well, there should be enough clowns around to make it a real circus .

Aaron Kravik

Now I want to pitch a bright multi colored circus tent…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.