Pat's MegaCabCummins

Home Forums Vehicles Projects Pat's MegaCabCummins

This topic contains 161 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Benny Benson 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • Author

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Well are you planning on any suspension upgrades for larger tires? I know that ALL of the Ram trucks have issues with ball joints. Step up and spend the money on Dynatracs or Carlis. Your truck is not quite the same as a 2500, so parts may not fit your truck. My friend Lee has the same truck and would be quite helpful with what will and will not work. But I will say stock out of the box the PW is an impressive machine. I would upgrade shocks for comfort, and the steering stab for less feedback in the steering.

Benny Benson
    Area Coordinator

I put my 35″ Toyo At2’s on it for now. The PW’s have 2″ over the normal 2500 with a different 3 link up front I think. Only has 41k on the clock so maybe the Bilstiens have a little life left. Even with the 60psi in the tires this thing is way smoother that the JK was. I take it Carlis is one of the better kits? I’ve seen that brand come up more than any other.

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Yes Carli are very good, I have ran and do run Carli parts on my truck, in fact I have more Carli parts to go on eventually. I run mostly Thuren parts though, Don is local (Bend OR) and I know him personally and I really am impressed with his products. ESPECIALLY the shock valving, no one is better than Don for valving shocks and he does custom tuning.

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Well 10 weeks later and the new transmission is in the truck, I won’t get into why it took so long but it did and now it is in the truck. First impression is HOLY S#!t….. Feels like I gained about 200hp, 0-60 is faster than I expected, a lot faster. You don’t realize how much your transmission is slipping until you fix it or upgrade. Curious to see how it does on the trail, next upgrade will most likely be a blackbox…. or maybe some skid plates lol

Gabe Engler
    Participant
    Premium Member

Sweet! About time!

Aaron Kravik

Finally!

Jon Davis
    Participant
    Basic Member

The trees on the trails are already shaking in the anticipation of a collision…. Better get the armor next!

~ Jon

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

I don’t know what you’re talking about Jon lol….

Benny Benson
    Area Coordinator

Awesome! looking forward to getting to see your rig in person.

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Yours too, I was hoping to make the coffee gtg but I have to work….

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Just a small reminder for everyone to go over your rig once in awhile, especially after an off road excursion. Was driving from my house up towards hwy9 and all of a sudden the track bar bolt (16mm bolt with a flag nut) for the front axle popped out. Scared the s#!t out of me. Made it back home ok, but I was in the dirt the day before and may have not been so lucky.

Benny Benson
    Area Coordinator

Holy death wobble!

Viewing 12 posts - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.