Rebelle-ing We Go

Home Forums General Announcements Rebelle-ing We Go

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Kristian Vockler 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Amy Hopkins
    Participant
    Basic Member

The official start date of the Rebelle Rally is this Saturday! Here’s the tracking link:

http://www.rebellerally.com/live-tracking/

NWOL ladies are represented by Teams 110, 118, 132, and 156. Thanks for cheering us on!!

Aaron Kravik

Looking forward to following along!

Chris Sherburn
    Participant
    Basic Member

Good luck.  Knock ’em dead.

Well, ok, maybe not literally dead…  😉

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

Good luck to you all…. Remember bump to pass is ok in the desert. Really looking forward to following along….

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

EXCELLENT!

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Rootin for ya! Also secretly rooting for team Four Corners with the Powerwagon.

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

There are now recap videos posted of all 8 days, tech inspection and various other videos. They should have done one of everyone crossing the finish  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkB_ewwStrvi4BimVrYhpyw/videos

John Russell
    Participant
    Premium Member

Cool, was trying to keep on eye on how there were doing.  Pretty tough terrain to navigate through, looks like a blast.  Definitely takes a lot of skills to even make through the first day or two, let alone all 7.

Props to Amy and Naomi hitting 85% of the way points, and to all the other NWOL Ladies that competed.  And with effectively the oldest vehicle there!  Looking forward to the stories and hearing about the experiences!

Patrick Tingley
    Participant
    Basic Member

I think Stormy might have been the second oldest, that Wagoneer was probably older, but definitely way more modified. But a real testament to the Toyota, and to Amy for doing her own work on her rig !! Naomi posted they never got stuck, that is a big accomplishment in of itself with all the silt beds and sand dunes. They need video though of everyone crossing the finish line, there nothing like getting to the finish line and the expression on your face tells it all. Can’t wait to hear how it all went for them.

Otis Ranhofer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Congrats to Amy and Naomi!
    Truly an awesome achievement – looking forward to y’alls return home.

Amy Hopkins
    Participant
    Basic Member

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement all along the way. My second-oldest truck wouldn’t have even made it without a TON of help from many of you. Stormy did a great job and has layers upon layers of dirt and sand to prove it. 🙂

This year was much more challenging than last year, both in the driving and checkpoints but also because of the group of experienced drivers and navigators. We improved a lot in our particular skills, and we were very pleased with that. We were hoping for a top 10 spot but, c’est la vie… One of the things we were most proud of is that we committed to at least trying every single checkpoint and with a very few exceptions, did just that.

We had one day where we ran out of gas 30km from Basecamp, which was a hard pill to swallow, and one day where we spent so much time searching for a checkpoint that we KNEW was there that we missed the time cutoff on a few others. On the last day we experienced an epic sandstorm in the Imperial Dunes, the largest sand dunes recreation area in the U.S. Positively apocalyptic.

In the end of the day, it was another epic experience and we feel so lucky to have been able to go again. We are undecided on next year, but if you know any companies that need a badass team to sponsor…..

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Outstanding you two! Am so impressed with this.

Thanks a bunch for sharing the experience with us as well!

Guy

Aaron Kravik

Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Kristian Vockler
    Participant
    Premium Member

Well, I guess it’s time I make a meetup and stop lurking on the forums. Amy & Naomi we’re fierce competitors. More important, I call them friends now. Looking forward to more adventures with you two. With all of you. I might be a few photos with the girls in this link. It’s my recap of the rally, pretty darn life changing .

https://www.fastncuriousoffroad.com/latest-news/2017/10/25/rebelle-rally-2017-post-rally-hangovers

Amy had some pretty awesome things to saw about you all, spurred me to get involved as intended when I joined.

Kris Rebelle Rally #145 Team Fast n Curious

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Awesome write up and very cool pics, Kristian! Welcome and thanks for the share! We have a very sizable group in the Portland area. Please don’t hesitate to get with Michael Fung or Jesse Baker to organize a trip. It would be really cool if you would share your Rebelle experience first hand at one of our PDX Meet ups!

Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.