Saturday Nov 25th trip in the hwy 410 area

Home Forums General Activity Planning Saturday Nov 25th trip in the hwy 410 area

This topic contains 34 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Roney 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Dan Roney
    Participant
    Basic Member

I’m looking to put together a day trip on Saturday November 25th. Last year we did Lonesome Lake on Black Friday – I’m happy to do that again but I’m open to other suggestions. Not sure what the snow situation is, but I’m hoping we’ll find some.

Here’s what I’m thinking until someone gives me a better idea:

• 9:00 meet at Enumclaw Safeway
    • Air down at the fire station near FS 74/75
    • Run up FS75 to Lonesome lake
    • Head out to the lookout for a lunch stop and (hopefully) awesome view of Mount Rainier
    • Head back to pavement on FS 73
    • If there’s time/interest, take a side trip up to Suntop Lookout

I’ll be bringing my boy and dog and we’ll want to spend some time romping around outside the vehicle.

This is not a challenging route unless there’s snow. If there isn’t snow, we can explore some side roads looking for trouble.

Let me know if you’re interested in joining me.

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

I am interested. I need to get away from the home office.

Aaron Kravik

I’m heading out to scout haller pass that weekend…perhaps we could combine trips?

Ole Hellevik
    Participant
    Basic Member

Definitely interested as well, haven’t explored much around those parts.

Dan Roney
    Participant
    Basic Member

Aaron – sounds good. Did you have something different in mind for route or timing?

Aaron Kravik

My plan only included checking conditions at Haller which is on the way to the view point if we’re thinking of the same place. So your route sounds good to me. I hadn’t planned a time yet so I’m flexible there.

Should have 2 additional vehicles with me.

Benjamin Wall
    Participant
    Basic Member

My plan only included checking conditions at Haller which is on the way to the view point if we’re thinking of the same place. So your route sounds good to me. I hadn’t planned a time yet so I’m flexible there. Should have 2 additional vehicles with me.

Um, I am unable to make Saturday but Friday could be planned?

Aaron Kravik

My plan only included checking conditions at Haller which is on the way to the view point if we’re thinking of the same place. So your route sounds good to me. I hadn’t planned a time yet so I’m flexible there. Should have 2 additional vehicles with me.

Um, I am unable to make Saturday but Friday could be planned?

Roger. @danroney you interested in going Friday?

Dan Roney
    Participant
    Basic Member

I can only go Saturday.

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

Bennamin, I can go either day or maybe even both.

Aaron Kravik

Bennamin, I can go either day or maybe even both.

Benjamin and I were planning on scouting conditions for the following weekend’s tree run. Looking like Friday I guess.

Looks like I’ll have to catch you on another trip, Dan.

Brad Bacon
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hope to read reports Saturday evening from you guys. 🙂 I might be on 73 headed to Lake Eleanor trailhead Sunday AM.

Brian Grospe
    Participant
    Basic Member

I am interested in this trip as long as I can work out a few bugs this week.

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

Ok, I’m trying to figure out who is going when and who will put up with me on the trip. Ira Seierstad may come along as well, depending on what day.

I do want to check out NFS 120 and NFS 7510 on the way to Haller. With the weather, the viewpoint past the Lonesome Lake turn, should be reachable and the Huckleberry Ridge loop doable as well. The day I go, I plan on a full day away but not sleeping out there.

So, who is going, when.

Aaron Kravik

I’m going Friday with Benjamin. Time TBD.

Dan is going Saturday with other people.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.