SOUND TO SAND BEACH PARTY CAMP AND COOKOUT Saturday October 7th

Home Forums General Activity Planning SOUND TO SAND BEACH PARTY CAMP AND COOKOUT Saturday October 7th

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Defenders NW 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Just registered

Solo on this one? email if you want me to adjust to two people for you.

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

I think we have 18 people signed up – have spaces for a few more

Any other folks need to go to DefendersNW.com and confirm before close of business Wednesday…

AND – weather is looking good for Saturday/Sunday!

FYI for any interested folks:

Razor Clams are a delicacy in the Pacific Northwest. But they are hard to dig, seasons are short and often in cold winter months. (All dates & locations can be cancelled at the last minute.)

WA Razor Clam Dig – Twin Harbors, Long Beach, Mocrocks, Copalis only.. All dates and locations are tentative and can be cancelled at the last minute.

Address: Coast of Washington Website: WDFW.wa.gov
    Dates: October 6 & 7th, 2017
    Hours: 7:40PM Friday & Saturday 8:33PM
    Price: WA State Shellfish License is required. Visit : fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov

Aaron Kravik

Just me. Kristal didn’t want to go on another trip immediately after getting back from Utah

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

This will be a LONG overdue outing for me. I am stoked!

Dan

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Group campsite is booked – campfire ring, tent spaces for ground campers, covered pavilion for in climate weather meals, and walking distance to the beach for evening exploration in the dunes.

Anyone who has participated in an event of ours before knows to bring a little community firewood for the evening and your chair.

Event is VERY kid friendly so I was thinking of a camp-cookery dessert competition on Saturday night for those staying over. Anyone interested? Participants would need to have ~26 tasting samples of their dessert concoction for judging – and I’m sure we could come up with a prize or three for the most creative, most decadent, and peoples favorite!

Registered attendees (http://www.defendersnorthwest.com) will get an email communication sent to the email address used for ticket purchase with details.

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Great! Looking forward to finally getting out and reacquainting with new and old members!

Dan

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Pulling together a headcount for the meal and camp out – we are capped at 30 folks and close registration tomorrow.

If you are planning on going – please register here asap – use the coupon code NWOS for the $20 camp & cookout contribution.

Chris Sherburn
    Participant
    Basic Member

I’m definitely out now due to work.  The sorry state of the tires on the new rig would’ve prevented me from going anyway.

Have fun all!

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Pulling together a final headcount for the meal and camp out – current registration is 28 people – we are capped at 30 adults and close registration end of day today…

• Sean + Family (2 adult 2 child)
    • DJ + Becky (2 adult)
    • Ginger + Family (2 adult 2 child)
    • Dan + Carrie (2 adult)
    • David G (1 adult)
    • DNW + Family (2 adult 1 child)
    • FishGirl + Family (2 adult 1 child)
    • Nathan + Jonathan  (1 adult 1 child)
    • Joe M (1 adult)
    • Aaron (1 adult)
    • Zuzana  (1 adult)
    • Ira S (1 adult)

If you are planning on going and are not on the list above – please register here asap – the coupon code NWOS for the $20 camp & cookout contribution expires at midnight tonight.

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Final list – if you wanted to go and are not on the list – there is room for 3 more before we hit capacity.

• Svitek – 1 Attendee
    • Seierstad – 1 Attendee (no email available for details)
    • Napolitano – 2 Attendee
    • Ralph – 3 Attendees
    • Kravik – 1 Attendee
    • Rasmussen – 5 Attendees
    • Stevenson – 1 Attendee
    • Cronin – 2 Attendee
    • Bagley – 4 Attendees
    • Goodson – 1 Attendee
    • Johnson – 2 Attendees
    • DNW – 3 Attendees
    • vaillancourt – 2 attendees

If you are planning on going and are not on the list above – please register here before 2pm today – late registration is $40 camp & cookout contribution.

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

Thank you again to all who adventured with us this weekend – always great to have Northwest Overland folks along on our travels.

I can not say enough how much we enjoyed great friends (old and new), great weather, great terrain, and great food.

HUGE thanks to our friends Frank, Claudia, and Campbell at FishGirlSeafood for the excellent meal – be sure to send them customers so that this local family business can continue to provide amazing Northwest seafood on future adventures.

Everyone be sure to rinse the underside of your trucks to get the salt and sand out before it can eat at your chassis and brake components, and I am looking forward to seeing you all again for the next excursion.

Brian

Defenders Northwest LLC

Shaun Rasmussen
    Participant
    Basic Member

Big thanks to you, Brian! Another great trip!

We had so much fun, we stayed another night after spending the rest of Sunday on the beach. Even got to save a van that was stuck in the sand with the “rescue tow truck” watching and wanting to charge them a small fortune.

Always looking forward to the next DefendersNW trip!

Aaron Kravik

I washed the sand off but it took my red dirt with it. Guess I’ll have to go get more..

Defenders NW
    Participant
    Vendor

2017 End of Summer Bash – It’s not camping, it’s an evening all’aperto

Every year we host an “End of Summer” cookout and open house get-together at the shop.  This year we decided to celebrate an amazing summer (of endless blue skies and warm days) with something a little more opulent than our regular burgers and dogs affair.  Thanks to our friends at Northwest Overland Society and FishGirl Seafoods, we we able to put together an outstanding weekend overnight at the beach.  With a morning of coffee and doughnuts thanks to our buddies at Griots Garage we filled the event to capacity and per our normal operations at the designated time and place all those who checked in were provided coordinates and a meeting time for the next leg of the event.  How you got to the next stage was up to you and your team to figure out!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.