The end of Off-Roading is in 15-20 years

Home Forums General General The end of Off-Roading is in 15-20 years

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Morris Yarnell 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Otis Ranhofer
    Participant
    Premium Member

This article is by Bob Lutz is a former vice chairman and head of product development at General Motors. He also held senior executive positions with Ford, Chrysler, BMW and Opel.

“The vehicles, however, will no longer be driven by humans because in 15 to 20 years — at the latest — human-driven vehicles will be legislated off the highways.”

Off-road driving and performance driving will be limited to private country clubs.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20171105/INDUSTRY_REDESIGNED/171109944/bob-lutz-kiss-the-good-times-goodbye

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I’ve actually been thinking that this is coming.

Not sure how it will all come out, but it’s obvious that self-driving vehicles are here, or almost here. Once they establish a good track record for reliability and safety… There will be a move towards them. It will be interesting to see the backlash from the driving public. A lot of us truly enjoy driving.

20 years from now, I doubt I’ll be driving anyway, but the younger set will be.

Guy

Morris Yarnell
    Participant
    Basic Member

Yeah, just like flying cars. This is real life not the Jetsons cartoon. I have found that few can predict the future with any accuracy.
    So the head guy at GM says to sell your car.
    There is another old saying…Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.