WABDR in May.

Home Forums General Activity Planning WABDR in May.

This topic contains 79 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Danielle Bednarczyk 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

Hello all! I am really new to the forum and to the PNW looking to get out and meet some people. I signed up for the trip, so I am checking in here to say hello. My wife will be joining me and we will probably camp Friday, (duty dependent) and Saturday night.

We have been cruising around on some forest roads on the Olympic peninsula but those are like driveways so I am looking to get in some wheeling, hopefully the WABDR can fulfill that.

Aaron Kravik

Welcome aboard, Travis! What are you driving?

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

Not a Jeep! haha, I kid, I kid

I will be in my first gen Tacoma.

I could introduce “us” here too I guess. We’re 29, we just moved up from San Diego, originally from San Luis Obispo County (SLO) which is the most beautiful place in CA.

I have been in the Navy 8.5 years as a Submarine navigation electronics technician, or Bubblehead Wire-biter/ Coner.

We travel solo most of the time, so we are entirely self sufficient, sometimes I think we bring too much. I am good with a wrench, I built our rig and helped build several others as well.  I like working on other peoples rigs more though because it costs less. 😉

We both LOVE camping, I like “semi-hardcore wheeling” my wife likes to keep all 4 tires on the ground.

Aaron Kravik

We’ll be in our first gen Tundra. So at least two rigs on this trip won’t overheat ?

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

great… you just cursed us.

Who am I kidding we’re in Toyotas…

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Great! Let me try and see if I can get a loose vehicle count going…

Sheriff’s team.

Me: 2013 JK Rubi

Byron: 2010 JK Rubi with almost all the bells and whistles. His Daughter may tag along in her Jeep

Sgt. Thom: 2013 JK/ starter kit.

Larry: 2007 Tacoma

Jake: 199? Jeep Cherokee. (still 50/50 on coming)

Travis: 2013 JK Rubi

Team NWOL

Aaron: 1st gen Tundra

Keith: H3 I think?

Travis: 1st gen Tacoma

Danielle: Jeep JK

As of right now we are planning on hitting the road early on the 21st. Tossing around a 6-7AM meet time at the Tumwater Pilot. 2 of the Jeep drivers are brand new to the game. Thom is in his second Jeep but is just now getting into taking it offroad. Byron’s daughter just got her jeep and is quickly following her dad’s footsteps. I’m not anticipating any hardcore offroad action but I have warned them of the possiblity of snow on the trail. I think it’ll be CB for trail comms. but I’ll have both Ham and CB on my rig.

We have a decent size group going

Aaron Kravik

Funny how a small trip has turned into 10 rigs haha

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Yeah…..lol. Will be fun though.

Keith Kammenzind
    Participant
    Premium Member

Benny,

Still have the H3. I will have to meet you guy’s somewhere down on the river since I am on the east side now.

We can coordinate a time and place as we get closer to the date.

Thanks,

KK

Aaron Kravik

It’s almost here! I’m excited for this trip

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

It is. I have to admit this one is sneaking up on me quick. I still have to get all my maps together and upload the tracks to the ipad. Also have a ton of little piddly thing I need to get done on the Jeep and with the next 2 weekends booked, time is slim. I’ve been talking with the guys and I think we are going to bump up the meet-up time at the Pilot to 8AM with a departure goal of 8:30.

Aaron Kravik

I feel you there. If all the shipping works out right, I’ll be running new front suspension on this trip. Hopefully I’ll even have time to have it aligned ?

If you’re short on time, I can shoot you the GPX file for the trip. I was going to get it together anyway.

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

I have the one from the Touratec site that I need to send to my ipad but if you have someting else I’m all game. desertbenny@yahoo

Aaron Kravik

That’s the one I have too. I was just going to shorten it to only show our leg.

Aaron Kravik

A few points:

First, having been on a couple trips so far this season, there’s a LOT of dead fall out there. I’ll be bringing my 20″ chainsaw. Wisdom suggests that not be the only one on the trip.

Has anyone else decided on camping Saturday night?

Still shooting for an 0800 rally at the Tumwater pilot?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.