WABDR in May.

Home Forums General Activity Planning WABDR in May.

This topic contains 79 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Danielle Bednarczyk 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

I definitely bring a chainsaw! We will be camping Saturday night no plans as to where though. we should get a phone list goin, Travis 8054239278.

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Yes 8AM at the Pilot.

I will be adding my chainsaw to the packing list. My co-worker Jacob and his brother plan on camping Sat. night somewhere and extending the route a bit.

Note on the Pilot station. Let’s plan on lining up out back with the big rigs. The front area is always full. So gas up and swing around back. I will try to get there early. Black 4door Jeep with NWOL sticker on the side.

Disclaimer* This run while family friendly, will be attended by Law enforcement personel. Most of us will be armed. We have a different sense of humor sometimes so be prepared for some “colorful” language and conversation.

See ya guys Sat.

Aaron Kravik

Only most? ?

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Keeps people guessing that way.

Keith Kammenzind
    Participant
    Premium Member

Benny,

Do you have an ETA and place to meet in Stevenson? I am about 2-1/2 hours away.

I want to be there in plenty of time. I will have the ham radio on the nwol freq. also.

Thx- KK

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

What is this NWOL frequency you speak of? I’m new here 🙂

Travis KK6POV

Dan Cronin
    Participant
    Administrator

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Keith, I do not. if we leave the pilot at 830, it’s about 2.5 hours for us to get to Stevenson as well. This trip has grown pretty big to the point where I had to tell co-workers “stop inviting people”…The last loose count put us a 12 vehicles so I think the meeting place in Stevenson will be anywhere we can find to fit all the rigs. I’ll monitor the radio as well. Looking at Stevenson on the map, it appears that there is only the on gas station in town. The Chevron looks like it will become the rendevous spot.

*I put it out at work that the 0830 launch time is a set depature time. If you are not there by 0830 prepare to catch up.

Weather looks like mid 60’s and rain.

Aaron Kravik

There are a couple gas stations in Stevenson. The chevron should have enough parking though if we take over the place.

Aaron Kravik

I’m okay with a little rain…keeps the dust down

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Ya, we had pretty doggone serious dust on our 2015 WABDR runs. Couple of us changed out air filters part way through. It was so dry, the dust was real bad…

Keith Kammenzind
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’ll be at the Chevron in Stevenson by 10:30 or so. Do we need a Discover Pass or NW Forest permit?

Camping Saturday night for me will be weather dependent.

Aaron Kravik

I believe you only need a NW Forest Permit if you’re camping. Could be wrong though.

Yeah, looking at the WX for Packwood has me questioning the camping idea….

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

From what I understand about the NW Forest pass, you’ll need one if camping or parking at any of the trail heads or sites. We plan on stopping at the ice caves so…..It’s your call if you want one or not. If you have one, you’ll never see a Ranger the entire trip, don’t have it then there’s a ranger at the first stop..and he seems to follow you everywhere.

Aaron Kravik

There’s also a pay box at the ice caves where you can buy a day pass on the spot

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.