WABDR in May.

Home Forums General Activity Planning WABDR in May.

This topic contains 79 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Danielle Bednarczyk 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Aaron Kravik

We could also stop at the Texaco instead of the chevron, looks like more parking and they sell NW Forest passes

Benjamin Wall
    Participant
    Basic Member

The burger joint at Stevenson (I think it is called Little Viking) is a necessary spot and the gas station across the street has passes, IIRC.

We skipped camping in Packwood and decided to camp on the top of Bethel Ridge.

It is scenic but super dusty..

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

You know, now that I look at it, the Texaco does look like it will be a better meeting spot. Bigger lot, gas and food.

Keith Kammenzind
    Participant
    Premium Member

See you all at the Texaco in Stevenson tomorrow.

I’ll have the radio on.

KK7WSM

Aaron Kravik

Ditto. KG7CFQ

Travis Diller
    Participant
    Basic Member

KK6POV

Danielle Bednarczyk
    Participant
    Basic Member

Missed this thread when I signed up on the event page, so sort of chiming in at the last minute. Excited for this trip! Sorry if I missed it somewhere along the way, but what time are we officially meeting at the Stevenson Texaco?

Tan JK

KG7AIH

Aaron Kravik

We’re meeting at the Pilot in Tumwater at 0800 and convoying out at 0830. No official time to be in Stevenson other than when we get there. I’d guess around 1030.

Danielle Bednarczyk
    Participant
    Basic Member

OH ok! Thanks Aaron! I thought the Stevenson Texaco was a new meeting place. I’ll see you all at the Tumwater Pilot at 0800, then.

Aaron Kravik

Keith is meeting is there. I think he lives in E WA. And it’s the last petrol before the trail. See you in the morning!

Benny Benson
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

See you guys there!……Tumwater Pilot, 8AM.    KF7MVP.

Aaron Kravik

To the Saturday only crew:

Travis, Sarah, and I survived. There was a snow drift up 23 on a ledge that we deemed unsafe to pass. We ended up camping on fs90 and took that all the way back to I5 this morning. We probably could have gone fs25 up to Randle but they have farther to go to get home so we called it after stopping for lunch and fuel in Cougar.

Keith Kammenzind
    Participant
    Premium Member

Benny, Thanks for putting this trip together. I had a great time and met some great people. Everyone was willing to help when needed.

There was quite a diverse bunch of vehicles to check out too, from mild to built to the hilt.

KK

Aaron Kravik

Great meeting you, Keith!

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

Photos, please ! ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.