WABDR Trip Aug 9th

Home Forums General Activity Planning WABDR Trip Aug 9th

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Harry Maylor 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Harry Maylor
    Participant
    Basic Member

We are go for lift off!  We are committed to the trip now as we have booked one night in the Leavenworth KOA for Aug 9th.  There has been much back and forth as to should we go or not and the final say was go.  The KOA has a pool and that was the clincher for the group along with having a definite place to sleep after a long day on the road. We will be running WABDR from Cashmere north starting on the 10th.  Anyone in the area wants to join us or stop by and say hi by all means.  We have four rigs in total all Toyota.  I can’t recall the local repeater there but we will be monitoring it.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Nice! I hope the smoke and heat don’t affect your trip/group too much. Pretty nasty here in Wenatchee the past few days. Hot & smokey.

Guy

Harry Maylor
    Participant
    Basic Member

Yeah the smoke is a real concern but like the heat not much can be done about it.  You still thinking about wheeling with us?  Be nice to have a local expert to share some trail knowledge.

Guy Miner
    Participant
    Area Coordinator

Afraid I’m not going to be able to break free and camp/wheel with your group.

Guy

jeff vickery
    Participant
    Basic Member

I will try to swing by the campground and have a beer with you guys on the 9th, if I do make it I will be in a inferno red 4Runner. Drive safe! Jeff

Harry Maylor
    Participant
    Basic Member

Sorry we missed you but breakdowns in Omak and Wenatachee made us very late getting into the KOA.  Fixing stuff on the highway in 100 deg heat is not fun.  Good thing is most of our breakdowns happened before we got on the trail so we could contend with them easily.  We are going to budget more time for camping next year as it was tight for time.  I think drive down ie a long day then camp two or three days in Leavenworth is better then when we hit Chelan same thing camp two days.  We covered a lot of ground from Wed to Sunday and all want to go back and take a better look.  Maybe this way we can meet up with you folks too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.