West Side Christmas Tree Run

Home Forums General Activity Planning West Side Christmas Tree Run

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Kravik 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Aaron Kravik

Okay we’re a week out!

Scouted the area yesterday, lots of good trees to be had. Not too much snow so this trip shouldn’t be like last year’s.

You will need to purchase a Christmas tree permit prior to meeting up. They are available at the Enumclaw ranger station.

I will be bringing some wood for a fire at the top. If a couple other folks would like to contribute to that, it would not be remiss ūüėÄ

See you next week!

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

We’re still in.

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

There’s a lot more snow up there now!

Doug Williams
    Participant
    Basic Member

My wife and I were talking about going out and getting a tree Sunday. I just noticed there was already an event setup for the 3rd. I joined this event two years ago, is the location still the same just passed Haller Pass, onto FS-7550, to FS-210? There are plenty of places to go and I don’t want to crowed in on everyone as the event is full. Plenty of places to visit.

Aaron Kravik

Phil, can’t wait!

Doug, PMed you

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

Is there anyone who could get an extra tree tag for us and we’ll pay you back? Enumclaw is not very close for us and I don’t think the US Forest Service office / ranger station is open on Sunday. Last year I thought we went on a Saturday and picked one up on the way.

Doug Williams
    Participant
    Basic Member

I picked mine up yesterday just in case they were closed on the weekends. They had a sign up they are open at 8am Saturday and Sunday this weekend and a few others around Christmas.

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

Great news, Doug. Thanks!

Alex Moore
    Participant
    Basic Member

What’s everyone doing for tree permits? Getting them ahead of time or at the Ranger station?

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

Conditions update;

You should be able to get to Lonesome Lake but it is snowing up there right now.

To get to the viewpint will require a minimum of a locked IFS on 33″ if not 35″ tires.

The snow is warm and wet and it packs quickly and polishes even quicker. If you have chains, bring them. I almost put mine on for the first time ever.

See y’all tomorrow morning.

Aaron Kravik

Thanks Phil. Crazy what difference a week can make. Looking forward to it

T.J. Purdy
    Participant
    Basic Member

Phil, thanks for the update.

Alex, we are getting a permit on the way Sunday (tomorrow) morning in Enumclaw.

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

Had a great day with lots of snow.

Adventure rigs are really hard to steer when all the power steering fluid  bathes the engine compartment.  :-0

Aaron Kravik

Uh oh, you spring a leak?

Phil Fisk
    Participant
    Basic Member

A little ittle more than a leak.

Ok, a lot more than a leak.

A hose to the cooler popped off.  Fortunately I was less than 10 miles from home.  The last turn into the driveway was tough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.